• 0208 870 9534 Telephone


We have a multitude of overseas landlords. When you’re far away it’s even more important to know that your most important asset, your property, is in good hands. We understand the importance of keeping up regular communications with you, respond to your queries promptly and we know it goes a long way to have feedback from regular property visits and on potential repair works done in the property. We aim to make your life easy when letting your property whilst living abroad.

On the legal side there are extra considerations for overseas landlords – we help you understand them and address them in an efficient manner. What you need to be aware of:

  • We will have to verify your identity and get proof of ownership as we start working together
  • We offer advice and guidance regarding the Non Resident Landlord scheme – for full information on the Non Resident Landlord scheme - click here.
  • We will provide you with application forms to receive UK rental income without deduction of tax. Download the tax exemption form. Castle Estates (South London) Non Resident Landlord (NRL) registration number is NA 039 225.
  • For joint overseas landlords a tax exemption form and number will be required for each landlord.
  • If HMRC accept your tax exemption form they will provide us directly with your tax exemption number - we can then forward you the gross rental income and provide an annual statement which is suitable for use by HMRC. We will charge £50 per year for the annual statement. 
  • If you do not register for tax exemption, the basic tax rate (currently 20%) will have to be deducted from the rent and paid to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) each quarter – we will have to submit payments and returns to HMRC on a quarterly and annual basis. We'll send you a certificate on taxes paid annually; we will charge £50 per quarter for this service.
  • You must provide your tenant with an address in England or Wales that the tenant can serve notice to – this can be the address of your managing agent. This is required by the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.

If you'd like to see what some of our landlords say about our services please have a look at our Review section.

If you require additional services like handover inspection or refurbishment management please get in touch with us to discuss your specific needs.